Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Current Reading List- December 2015

I have not posted one of these for a long time. Between work and graduate school applications I have had no time to read for pleasure. I was meeting with a client the other day and we were next to a Barnes & Noble so I decided to pop in really quick to get some new reading material. I have a vacation coming up so I thought I can squeeze in some reading (I have actually started reading a little  already as I am typing this post.) I have started buying more books on my Kindle because they are usually cheaper and take very little space and also Audible so I can listen to books while I work, but there is nothing like holding an actual book (Yes I am a book nerd and proud of it!)

So here is what I chose :D


Queen of The Damned
By: Anne Rice

I have been a fan of Anne Rice for a long time and I do know that there is a stigma to some of her writing especially when it comes to homosexuality. But for me I think she is an amazing writer and I am one of those people who could really care less of what others think especially when it comes to MY reading choices. What brought upon me to get this was after watching the Aaliyah movie I went back to listening to some of her old stuff and also stumbled upon some of her old movies. One of those old movies happened to be Queen of the Damned which is based on Anne Rice's novel. The movie itself wasn't particularly great compared to other Anne Rice's novel adaptations like Interview with a Vampire which was amazeballs but compared to Twilight this one was a hoot. After watching the movie I saw a lot of comments saying that the book was much better. And that is how I ended up choosing this novel. Queen of the Damned is part of Anne Rice's famous Vampire Chronicles series which details the lives of various vampires. I have read a couple of them not all and this one being not read. But to keep this short Queen of the Damned is about Akasha who is the mother of all vampires. She has risen from a 6,000 year slumber and wants to take over the world and such. I can't go into too much detail and not because I haven't read all of it but because there are connections with her other books hence these books being chronicles. But so far it has been pretty decent. I am not one of those crazy vampire lovers, but I do have a love for the supernatural and once in awhile I do read some stuff like this, and whether or not you are interested in vampires or other supernatural creatures you should check out Anne Rice's books. She is brilliant.

When We Met
By: A.L. Jackson, Molly McAdams & Christina Lee

I have always been a sucker for a cheesy romance novel especially when it comes to the author Molly McAdams. Her love stories are more realistic and relatable to the average woman or man. When we met tells the story of 4 girls and their problems they are currently going through. Each girl's story is written by a different author (basically an anthology). I love books like this. It introduces me not only to different styles of writing but also new authors to explore. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this little post and try out one of these books! Both of these are available at bookstores nationwide as well as digital form. Prices will vary depending where and how you purchase.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *