Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2014

NEW! CoverGirl Ultra Smooth Foundation + Applicator


PACKAGING:

The foundation comes in a plastic case along with a plastic purple applicator.

Contains .84 fl oz of product

Comes in 12 Shades but may vary store to store (I am in 825 Buff Beige)

Pricing varies depending on where you purchase. 

Average retail at drugstores and drugstore retailers 
$8-15


FORMULATION:

Cover Girl has been stepping up their foundations. Less than 6 months after their release of their Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation, Cover Girl has launched another one! What caught my eye with this one was of course the hair smoothing it claims to do. I don't think I have ever seen a beauty company advertise a foundation as something as hair smoothing. The design behind this formulation is that it claims to help tame facial hair on the face. Now you might think that is odd especially since it is geared towards women however even us ladies get a bit of facial hair now and then on our faces. 

The foundation is very smooth and moisturizing and goes on very nicely. I personally found the applicator to be completely useless. It ended up not only streaking the product on my face but actually ended up wiping off most it before it got a chance to blend in. I gave up trying after a while and just used my foundation brush. Although I could be biased because I have been using a beauty blender sponge which is an amazing beauty tool. 

The texture is not too thick or too thin and offers a natural look with medium coverage. For my dry skin it also set pretty nicely. I have had this product on for about 6 hours and even then it looked great. I even sweated a little and it didn't budge. I do recommend a primer underneath to assure the long lastingness. 

As for the hair smoothing claims, I honestly didn't find anything different with this one compared to my other foundations. I have a little problem with facial hair underneath my nostrils. This foundation really didn't do much different.

But overall despite its claims this is a great foundation.

Overall
4.9/5
(This would have been a 5/5 but the applicator sucked)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *