Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WHAT'S NEW @ THE DRUGSTORE!!!

Cover Girl Lip Lavas


PACKAGING:

Comes in a rectangular plastic tube with a red cap. I like the clear packaging which allows you to view the true color of the gloss.

About 7 colors in the entire collection. The color selection will depend on the store.

Available at drugstore & drugstore retailers nationwide for an average retail price $8.99

FORMULATION:

When I saw these on the shelves I was pretty surprised that Cover Girl launched another lip gloss collection. Their last one the Colorlicious line was only launched a couple of months ago. You can clearly see that Cover Girl is trying to step up their game. These last couple of months have been crazy in the drugstore market. Pretty much all the drugstore brands have been releasing products non-stop. Almost impossible to keep up with!

These lip lavas as you can see in the pictures are VERY eye catching. They remind me a lot of MAC's dazzle glasses. 

The texture is quite on the thicker side but surprinsly not too sticky and feels pretty nice on the lips. They last a decent amount of time if you don't eat or drink much. They come in an array of fun colors like purple and orange but also have wearable colors like your nudes and pinks. These glosses have a TON of glitter in them which impacts the color payoff. I wouldn't say that they aren't pigmented their pigmentation is like MAC's Lip glasses. You can see the color come through. After testing them out for quite a bit I recommend wearing these on top of another lipstick. These can definitely be worn on their own but I do have to warn you when you try to wipe it off there will be glitter EVERYWHERE on your face. It took me a good scrubbing around 10 minutes and even then I still woke up with glitter on my face.

Overall though I think these are super fun glosses and great for going out.

3.5/5


Lychee Lava- Pinky Red

Lychee Lava Swatch

Lava-ender- Intense Violet Purple (This one took even longer to get off but a great color for the season)


Lava-ender Swatch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *