Search This Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fashion with a conscience

As the world grows bigger us humans need to begin to think of living more consciously. The more consciously we live the longer we can remain on this beautiful planet, however being the creatures we are compared to other species among us we tend to be materialistic. When I use the word materialistic I don't necessarily mean it in a judgmental way. It is pretty much part of our lifestyle to be materialistic between shopping for the necessities like food and shelter we also spend money on things that make ourselves generally happy such as video games, cosmetics, clothing, etc... 

Over the years my love of clothes has become an addiction ask my friends and family. In college I was able to fit about 40 pairs of jeans into my small dorm closet. And that was just jeans... I know what you are probably thinking why the hell would anyone need 40 pairs of jeans? I can't even answer that myself. But even with this great love/addiction for clothes I do feel bad and wishing for a way to be able to still enjoy getting clothes yet doing good at the same time. 

Threads for Thought is a clothing company that makes clothing out of recycled and sustainable products like plastic. The company started by selling t-shirts made from organic cotton that gave back to charity while promoting a cleaner environment. Compared to other clothing companies that have the same message Threads for Thought rather than put their mission statement label onto the clothing themselves they put into the clothing instead. 

And no this isn't some sort of hippie trend. The clothes are actually really good quality and are extremely comfortable not to mention on trend for those fashionistas out there. However due to the process of making these clothes and the limited retailers the clothes are on the pricer side, but then again it is not really a place to go to for everyday basics. They do have sales occasionally but the price you pay unlike other clothing companies is put to good use. Also www.hautelook.com has flash sales where you can get Threads for Thought clothing items for $20 and less (Invite link will be posted at the end of this post). Plus the clothing does last a long time even with multiple washes. The clothing fits true to size not just for me but I have asked a couple of friends and people around who have had experience in purchasing clothing from them. None have complained and said the clothing fits snuggly and comfortable for everyday where. Here are some examples of clothing from them (purchased by myself). 

Black V-Neck T-Shirt 
Lace Crochet Butterfly Top 

For more information check out Threads for Thoughts online store 
Some of their more basic items like t-shirts and sweaters are also sold at Whole Foods 


DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADS FOR THOUGHTS BUT I HAVE HAD BUSINESS CONNECTIONS WITH HAUTELOOK IN THE PAST. AS OF NOW I AM JUST A MEMBER NOT TRYING TO PROMOTE THE COMPANY IN ANY SENSE. THE BLACK SHIRT WAS A DEAL WITH HAUTELOOK AND THE LACE CROCHET TOP WAS PURCHASED ON MY OWN. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *