Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Evening Skincare Routine- BLOGTOBER OCTOBER 13,2014

EVENING SKINCARE ROUTINE FALL/WINTER EDITION

Hello again and welcome to part 2 of my skincare routine for fall/winter 2014.
Enjoy! XOXO

All products mentioned are available @ drugstores, Targets & Wal-Marts unless otherwise specified.

From Left to Right: Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser, Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Vaseline Deep Moisture, Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, Equate Eye Makeup Remover, Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum & Rose Hips Nourishing Oil

From Left to Right:
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser $9- This is a classic product in skincare history. It is a simple facial cleanser for all skin types (they have different cleansers for different skin types but overall similar product) that deep cleanses and keeping your skin nice and fresh. There isn't any bad chemicals and super gentle. I like to use this at night because of my acne treatment this cleanser won't strip my skin.

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner $18 (Ulta)
- This is an amazing product not only it cleanses your skin it is also an exfoliate that helps with uneven skin tone and very effective for super dull, dry & sensitive skin. I use this with a cotton pad and just pat is all over my face. I do recommend only using this once a day. Glycolic Acid has different effects on different people and some have had reactions to it during long term use. So adjust accordingly to your skin needs. 

Vaseline Deep Moisture $4
- My mother first introduced me to this product this past month and at first I was very skeptical about it. I am not a fan of petroleum jelly especially on my face but my skin was particularly very dry one day and my mother told me to try is and BOOM I fell in love. This product is super moisturizing and actually penetrates the skin. It is a bit greasy and heavy but nothing uncomfortable. It is better to use at night.

Left
Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum $20 (Ulta)- This is a product that I have recently started using this year. My acne for some reason decided to come back and haunt me. This stuff is pure gold. After 2 days I immediately saw a difference. My breakouts had calmed down and my pimples were less visible. It contains salicylic acid along with thyme and other natural herbs. A bonus this stuff does not sting the sh** out of you.

Right
Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil $20 (Ulta)- I always had super dry skin  and it has gotten worse this time around for some reason. This product has become a holy grail item in my skin care. I like to mix it in with my moisturizer and it just adds another layer of moisturizer and rose hips are really great at calming redness. It is more of a watery consistency rather than an oil. 

Miscellaneous

These are products that I use on days when I have makeup to take off.

Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser (LEFT) $5- This is an oldie but a goodie. And when I mean an oldie this stuff has literally been around since our grandmothers and great-grandmothers. This was the classic way women had removed their makeup back then and is still very effective today. I put it on my skin dry and rub it in and wash off. It removes everything to waterproof mascara. Plus it smells amazing. It also works as a great brush cleanser (2 in 1 product!!!). O and did I mention that this stuff is super cheap!

Equate Eye Makeup Remover (RIGHT) $4- This is the Wal-Mart knockoff of the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover but somehow works 10x better for 1/2 the price. This stuff dissolves the toughest waterproof makeup out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *