Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2014

NEW! CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Collection




I popped into Walgreens this morning to run some errands and saw CoverGirl's new collection featuring Katy Perry. Of course I couldn't help myself and had to pick up some of the products from this collection. The collections features their new Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation, concealer, and powder. It also has 8 new cream eyeshadow sticks, 9 new nail polish colors, 4 new Smoochies and a couple other new CoverGirl Outlast Lip colors. I decided to try out their new foundation, concealer and powder. 

Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation
$8.99 @ Walgreens ($6.99 w/Walgreens rewards card)

The foundation comes in a wide plastic squeeze tube which personally I am not a fan of. I like my foundations to have a pump to prevent bacteria from going in however this particular packaging is easy for travel. There are 12 shades in this foundation line which is a pretty amazing color variety for a drugstore brand but it is quite difficult to determine your shade due to the thick plastic packaging. 

The formula is oil free and is semi thick. I do really like the consistency, it is easy to apply and blend into the skin. The coverage is build able from light to medium. The finish is very natural (semi-matte) giving you just enough coverage that allows your natural skin to peek through. If you want a heavier coverage foundation this probably isn't the one for you. 
This product is great for dry and oily skin with a decent wear time for both. I have dry skin and it lasted about 5-6 hours on me and I had a friend with oily skin that lasted around the same time on her with a powder. 

Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer
$7.99 @ Walgreens ($5.99 w/Walgreens rewards card)

There are 6 shades of concealer in this line and is matched with the foundation by the shade number, however you do not have to pick the same concealer for foundation. (TIP: For hiding dark under eye circles apply your normal color concealer or a shade darker and then apply a lighter shade to cover the darkness.) 

The formula is nice and creamy and easy to blend. I don't find the coverage of this concealer to be too amazing but it does the job when you want a light coverage. It didn't crease throughout the day and set very naturally.

Ready Set Gorgeous Powder
$8.99 @ Walgreens ($6.99 w/ Walgreens rewards card)

Along with the foundation and concealer, this line also has 6 matching powders. The powder did a decent job setting the foundation while providing a little bit of coverage. I wouldn't recommend this as a powder foundation by itself. The only issue I had with this powder is that it doesn't match the foundation very well and looks very dark in the packaging. I recommend going one shade lighter just in case. 

You can purchase this collection at Walgreens nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *