Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Current Skincare Routine Spring/Summer 2015

Disclaimer: I am in no ways a skin care expert. This is just what works for me every one's skin is different. If you have any concerns pertaining to your skin please consult with a dermatologist.

A little about my skin...
-Combination: Oily in the t-zone (forehead and down the nose) Dry everywhere else
-Acne Prone
-Sensitive

Cleanser:

Philosophy Purity Made Simple $11-$20


One of my favorite facial cleansers of all time. I tend to go back to this product a lot throughout the year especially if my skin starts to act up. It is super gentle but tough on oil, makeup and other skin residue. It also has a nice refreshing scent that isn't overpowering. Great for all skin types.

Moisturizer:

Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15 (Day) $5.99


Yes, Trader Joe's sells skincare items and they are actually pretty awesome. I was just as surprised as some of you out there. Their Enrich moisturizer is a great for the day. It contains SPF 15 and isn't greasy or heavy. Great for normal to oily skin as well as sensitive. I don't recommend this for super dry skin. 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream  (Evening) $26.50


You don't have to use a different moisturizer for the day and evening this is just something I prefer. I don't like to wear SPF in the evening and I like something a little more heavier at night. Kiehl's always makes great stuff and this is no exception. The Ultra Facial Cream is very moisturizing but doesn't weigh down your skin. This one is for dry skin but they do have for normal and oily skin.



Serum:

LancĂ´me Visionnaire $79


Serums are a big thing in Asia and has recently become a big thing here in the states. Serums are concentrated moisturizers that contain vitamins and minerals. The texture allows for all the vitamins and minerals to sink in and makes it easier for the skin to absorb. This particular one by Lancome is amazing. It makes my skin super soft and helps keep my pores at bay. It also contains anti aging ingredients. It is never too early to start using anti aging products as a preventive measure. I like to use this product in the evening right before I apply my moisturizer.

Eye Cream:

Mario Badescu Ceramide Eye Cream $18


Eye creams are an essential product when it comes to skincare. The skin under your eyes are very delicate and needs its own product. This eye cream contains antioxidant rich Rose Hip oil that help reduce wrinkles and bags. It is a very thick eye cream a little goes a long way. Another added bonus it smells really good. 


And last but not least...

Lip care:

Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm $28


This stuff is ridiculously expensive for a lip balm but so worth the money. It gives the lips a smooth and plump look while moisturizing AND also contains SPF 10. I like to apply this both day and night. O I almost forgot this stuff smells AMAZEBALLS that is if you like the smell of roses. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *