Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2015

Save or Splurge? Lulu Lemon Boogie Shorts


Boogie Shorts in Black

My sister got me into Lulu Lemon a couple months ago. I have always known about the brand but never really cared for it due to their outrageous prices. For those of you who are not familiar with Lulu Lemon, Lulu Lemon is a "high-end" active clothing brand. Unlike Nike, Adidas, Filas, and so forth Lulu Lemon markets towards the average person rather than just athletes. I didn't understand what the hype was all about until I received my first pair of cropped pants from them. OMG it is life changing. The material was soft but at the same time very sturdy. They are comfortable to wear working out or just lounging around the house. They also washed very well. Even after like 10 washes they still looked brand new. I was hooked however I still cautioned myself and didn't go splurging as much as I wanted.

I am going on vacation soon and I needed some shorts for hiking. I have a bunch of running shorts from various brands however I wanted something a little more fitted. So I decided to go into Lulu Lemon to check out their shorts. I ended up leaving with 2 pairs and my wallet hating me. One of the pairs of shorts I got were their Boogie Shorts (I love their names). Boogie shorts are a cross between compression shorts and yoga shorts. They are made with a sturdy spandex material. These fit so well and yes are considered "booty shorts" but nothing raunchy like. These make your butt look great or if you are like me and don't have a butt they will make you look like you do. They are higher on the waist but you can roll it down if you prefer. They are VERY SHORT so if you are not comfortable with showing a little leg I don't recommend these. They are great for working out and you don't have to worry about them falling down, sagging, or just looking plain stupid while you work out.

Now are they worth it? It depends... these shorts run for $42 and are never really on sale. So I do consider these an investment. I tend to wear workout gear almost everyday regardless if I'm working out or not so if you are like me or you do workout a lot I highly suggest you splurge If you want to try something like this but are hesitant with the price there are many brands out there that make shorts very similar (they will be more on the yoga side). It really comes down to how much use you think you will get out of them.

You can get them in stores or online. They do tend to run a little small so definitely consider going up a size or two. There are also many different color and design choices.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *