Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

REVIEW: Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection Palettes

Drugstore makeup has definitely stepped up over the last few years. Not only has quality improved but more importantly variety. These days we don't have to pay anymore hefty price tags for beauty items such as eyeshadows, foundations, etc...

Over the last few weeks I been experimenting and trying out more and more drugstore eyeshadow and a brand that I came across that I would have never expected I would fall in love with are the Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection Palettes. Most of you out there who has an unhealthy obsession with makeup like myself probably are already familiar with the color icon trios (which are pretty awesome btw) however for these last weeks I been playing around with the bigger palettes and I gotta I am in love. I purchased 2 of the bigger palettes. Most of the other ones were sold out at my local drugstores (I think there are 3 or 4 in the permanent collection, Wet n Wild also comes out with limited edition palettes here and there). The two I purchased are Comfort Zone (#738) and Petal Pusher (#736). At my local drugstore (CVS in this case) they sell for $2.99 each and each palette contains 8 shadows that is $0.37 per eyeshadow! However drugstores like CVS usually have great sales and I actually purchased my palettes for 40% off so I bought each palette for $2 making it $0.25 per shadow! Seriously y'all I am literally busting out of my chair right now. So always keep a look out for sales and deals at your local drugstores.

The packaging (scroll down the bottom for pictures of the palettes) is plastic. Unless you jam it into your drawer, makeup bag etc... it won't break. It is definitely not the most impressive packaging but it holds up pretty decently.

The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and are quite easy to apply and blend on the eye. They have a silky texture and usually last all day crease free if applied with an eyeshadow primer. (I have had some friends use without primers and they said the the shadows were fine and had no problem with it throughout the day.) The only issue I have had with some of the colors (not all) is that they can be powdery and you can get a bit of fall out. A quick fix for this would just to wet your brush or carefully pack on rather than swiping.

Comfort Zone (#738): Comfort Zone is a neutral palette.  It ranges from soft champagne, beige, and brown colors. But what makes this palette unique compared to other neutral palettes is that it contains some green eyeshadows. And yes I know what you are thinking how are green eyeshadows wearable? These particular ones however are they have a neutral undertone to them that allows for easy wear for pretty much all eye colors and skin tones. Pretty much all the shadows have some of of shimmer but not chunky glitter so you don't have to worry to much about looking like a disco ball lolzies :)
Comfort Zone Palette

Swatches: 
On the top are swatches from the left side of the palette and on the bottom the right side

Petal Pusher Palette (#736): The Petal Pusher Palette is a combination of purples, light champagne tones, and dark brown/burgundy. The lighter purples are not as pigmented as the other colors but rather leave a soft doll like finish on the eyes. And theses shadows are definitely build able. 

Petal Pusher Palette

Swatches:
On the top are swatches from the left side of the palette and on the bottom the right side

Another thing about these palettes on the back of each palette on the top, there are Wet n Wild added steps to different looks. 

The eyeshadows themselves have been branded with where to put each color such as brow bone, eyelid, crease, and definier. You don't have to follow these color placements just have fun mixing and matching. 

DISCLAIMER: All the products in this post are all purchased by myself with my own money. I am not affiliated with Wet n Wild and is not receiving any sort of money or endorsements for this post. All opinions and pictures are strictly my own. 

Until next time XOXO...

"Personalized beauty is about each woman being able to create her own makeup routine that complements her own color and style". -Bobbi Brown (makeup artist) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *