Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Review: COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

I'm really picky when it comes to foundations. Being Chinese I have a very yellow undertone to my skin. This makes it really difficult for me to find that perfect shade that matches to my skin. I have tried numerous foundations from department store brands. drug stores and makeup artistry brands. Over the years I have found a few that I reach for but nothing I love so much that I would repurchase again. 


One day I was grocery shopping and I walked by the cosmetics aisle and I started browsing through the CoverGirl aisle. CoverGirl is not one particular brand that I tend to reach for when it comes to foundations. I have tried pretty much all their foundations and have had pretty luck from caking to numerous breakouts. But I been hearing some great reviews on their new Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation. It claims to have the lasting power of primer, coverage of a concealer and a blendibility of a foundation in one plus it also has a SPF of 20. 




The packaging is glass with a plastic pump and cap. I love the pump, it keeps the foundation clean and bacteria out. I however am not a huge fan on the glass bottle. It makes it difficult to travel with and adds a bit of weight to my makeup bag and the cap is not sturdy. However the actually foundation itself is wonderful. It is super blend able like it claims and has great coverage. I find with this foundation I do not need any concealer or the need to set it with a powder (I have dry skin but if you have oily skin you may want to set the foundation with one). The lasting power is pretty impressive as well. The first time I wore it I did not use a face primer and it lasted for 8 hours without any touchups throughout the day. Foundation is one of those makeup items that for me does not last long on my skin so I was pretty impressed with this one. The color was also a perfect match even with my yellow undertone (I'm in the color medium beige). 


Overall I give this product a 4.5/5 


Prices with this foundation varies from store to store I got it for about $6 at my local grocery store. Some stores like Target or CVS have it at $7. 

DISCLAIMER: I PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT ON MY OWN AND AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH COVERGIRL. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *