Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tony Moly Banana Cream Foam Cleanser: Review


Packaging:

Comes in a yellow plastic squeeze bottle

Contains 150 ml of product

Retails for $10-$15 (depending on where purchased)

ULTA currently has them for $11.60 

Formulation:


Banana cleansers are very popular in Asian skincare and has only begun to touch the surface here in the states. Banana extract has properties that help eliminate dirt and other wastes from the skin's surface. Think of it as a natural exfoliate without the harsh beads that most exfoliates have these days. This cleanser also contains honey which not only moisturizes your skin but also contains anti-bacteria properties to keep your skin nice and clean. While this cleanser does contain natural ingredients such as banana and honey, it is not 100% natural. It has your typical skin cleanser ingredients that you would see almost everywhere these days.

The texture is a cross between a cream and a gel like consistency. It feels very smooth on the skin and foams up pretty nicely. I was surprised at how much I liked this stuff. It cleanses the skin very well even on days where I am wearing heavy makeup. It does feel a little drying right afterwards but not to the point where I feel my skin is cracking. It works well with steam in the shower, opening up any pores and also works with cold water in the morning to help wake you up. 

I have very sensitive acne prone skin and after using this for about 2 weeks, not only my skin has cleared up I haven't had any breakouts. I would say that this cleanser would work on a lot of different types of skin. Remember everyone's skin is different, what works for one person may not necessarily work for another. When it comes to skincare it is all about trial and error.

The cleanser has a very potent scent which reminded me of banana popsicles I used to eat as a child. It also has an acetone scent to it when applied on the skin. I personally didn't mind the scent but for those of you out there who hate or can't handle strong scents I don't recommend this cleanser for you.

Overall

4.8/5

  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *